Page layout does not appear to chane

Questions on Installation
ekp

Page layout does not appear to chane

Post by ekp »

I configured my Turbo Print for US letter but when printing the popup dialog states that I am printing on A4 paper. Please advise.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

from which application program did you print - e.g. OpenOffice, FireFox - or did you print from command line?

When printing from an application, please check the page size setting in the application's print dialog. In TurboPrint Control you can specify default settings that can be overwritten by the application program.

When printing from command line (from a "terminal" window), please check the print settings using the command

lpoptions -p <printer name> -l

e.g. for the first TurboPrint printer named "tp0":

lpoptions -p tp0 -l
ekp

Post by ekp »

It would appear to be from Goggle Chrome. When checking page layout from print menu ...it is set at A4 and I can not change it.

From Firefox it is determined to be US Letter. Here also I can not change that setting either.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

In Firefox you can must change the page size in the "File->Page Setup..." dialog before printing, it cannot be selected in the "Print..." dialog.
Probably there is a similar setup for the page size in Google Chrome.
bsm999

Post by bsm999 »

I have the same problem with chrome and I have seen this problem with other apps in ubuntu.... I'm getting a little tired of seeing "A4" show up with or without a way to change it. It has been set in the DEFAULT printer - - that should be the end of it.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

For some applications - e.g. for OpenOffice Write - it makes sense to use "A4" (or "Letter") as default, even if the printer driver default settings are different.

Please post the following information so that I can try to retrace the problem:

- your Ubuntu version
- the applications where you encountered problems with the default page size