Network printing on OS X 10.8 port 9100

pwachon

Network printing on OS X 10.8 port 9100

Post by pwachon »

This used to work - I seem to be drawing a blank as to how to restore this service (now that we've moved and 6 months later I'm re-connecting everything...)

I have a Canon Pro9000 connected to a print server (via USB). On the Mac, I add a new IP printer and enter the IP address (192.168.191.3), and then select the driver (I am choosing IP printing with JetDirect, which prints to port 9100).

When I choose the following driver text seems to print OK, but anything with color is not printing correctly (mis-aligned, ghost images, bad colors...)
Driver: Canon PIXMA Pro9000 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.8-pre1

Any pointers?

Thanks!
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Network printing on OS X 10.8 port 9100

Post by zedonet »

You wrote that you used the Gutenprint driver - did you also try to print from our PrintFab driver (if you don't have a license, you can use the 30 day trial version which is available at http://www.printfab.net -> link "Download").

If color problems persist, please open PrintFab Toolbox and print a "Nozzle test" page to verify that the print head and ink cartridges are working properly.
pwachon

Re: Network printing on OS X 10.8 port 9100

Post by pwachon »

Indeed, I figured out that I was printing to the wrong driver... for some reason the printfab driver was not showing up - after uninstalling and reinstalling, all is fine.

Thanks for the reply.