Paper Size "Bounding Box Error"

Questions on certain printers and applications
drbob

Paper Size "Bounding Box Error"

Post by drbob »

I created a 17x72 in paper size in PrintFab tool box. I attempted to print this size on my Epson Stylus 3800 from PhotoShop CS4. I got a "bad bounding box" error message, and about 36 in of paper fed through the printer before printing began. I know that the Epson printer driver is limited to a paper length of 37.4 in. But other rips, i.e. Color Burst, ImagePrint, and Quadtone will all print much longer on this printer. To begin with what is a "bounding box error?
drbob
PS
The actual meassge was "bad%%bounding box message seen" . 27 inches of blank paper fed quickly and printing began about 27 inches into the print. The CUPS error log shows nothing at the beginning of the printing. The problem seems to be that although landscape option has been chosen, the print orientation is portrait! It doesn't seem to matter whether the page orientation is chosen in the PhotoShop print dialog or in the page setup dialog.
Silver

Same or similar problem

Post by Silver »

Downloaded the test version. Trying it on Mac OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard.

I also get the"bad bounding box" error message when trying to print with my Canon IP4500 from PhotoShop CS4 and when landscape option has been chosen, the print orientation is portrait. I have been trying changing different settings to do with paper feed, size etc with no luck.
Alvaro010

Similar problem

Post by Alvaro010 »

In A2 format prints only 385 mm. wide. I created other forms of paper but does not exceed 385 mm print. without Printfab print A2 +.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello Alvaro010,

are you using the 30 day trial version of PrintFab or do you have a PrintFab license?

For A2 printing, you need the "PrintFab Pro XL" license, "PrintFab Pro" is limited to A3+ (max. print with 38cm).