HP B9180 cmyk/spot color proofing for graphic design

Questions on certain printers and applications
milksamsa

HP B9180 cmyk/spot color proofing for graphic design

Post by milksamsa »

Hi, my name is John.
I've bought a HP B9180 for my graphic design studio.
We work with theaters and our main graphic compositions are for posters, brochures and adverts.

We would like to color proof our prints on a standard matte paper (not necessarily a photographic one) to test our designs before sending them to the Offset Printer or to present them to our clients.

We've been using in the past a Designjet 130 with Q1967A Matte proofing paper from HP but never went through a RIP software.

I am now thinking about buying PrintFab pro to ensure the CMYK/SPOT colors proofing workflow runs smooth on the HP B9180.

What kind of paper do you suggest for such an application? Is the profile for Q1967A available? Is this type of paper a good choice also on HP B9180? Can I actually use it or do you suggest another kind of paper? Thank you very much for all your CMYK/SPOT proofing tips!
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the paper "HP Q1967A Proofing MATT Paper" can be recommended. PrintFab currently does not include a profile for this paper, however you can use our profiling service to create a color profile for this paper.

If you want to test the color quality with the 30 day trial version of PrintFab, we can offer to create a free color profile for the Q1967A paper. You only have to create a new profile entry in "PrintFab Toolbox", then print a color chart page (button "Print color chart") and send it to us. Detailed instructions are documented in the PrintFab PDF manual, chapter 5, starting from page 12.
milksamsa

Thank you!

Post by milksamsa »

Thanks a lot! I should receive the printer the next week.
I will print the chart page and ask you to profile the printer for that specific media. Will let you know soon.