Can't get documents to RIP (print in postscript)

Questions on certain printers and applications
grngrrl

Can't get documents to RIP (print in postscript)

Post by grngrrl »

I'm running Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and my printer is an Epson Stylus Color 1160. I was so excited when I found your rip sofware for Mac. I downloaded and installed a trial version of PrintFab 2.16 and usbtb to try it out. I can print, but it's no different than when I was using gutenprint. I'm an illustrator and graphic designer and I need to print out postscript files from Quark 8, Ilustrator CS4, plus many postcript fonts that I still use. The printer isn't acting as a raster image processor for my postscript files. What can I do? I appreciate your help!
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

if you can print with PrintFab, you should be also possible to "RIP".

Illustrator and Quark send print jobs in Postscript format to PrintFab, so it is possible to print in CMYK mode with correct colors ("CMYK proof" mode) and also to print Postscript fonts and imported EPS graphics.

If you want to print a Postscript file, open it in OS X preview and print it to the PrintFab driver. For PDF files, you can either use Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader or OS X preview.

For more information on configuring applications for good results with PrintFab, please read the PrintFab PDF manual especially, chapter 11. "Printing from applications".