Demo Version worked great/Purchased Version crippled

Questions on certain printers and applications
pennyprints

Demo Version worked great/Purchased Version crippled

Post by pennyprints »

When I used the Demo Version I had no print issues printing from Photoshop OSX 10.15.7. After installing the purchased version I find I'm limited to 12.5" wide print size. I assumed I was purchasing PrintFab Home L which allows for 15" wide, according to the "shop" description. When I print on 11x14 paper PrintFab is only printing a part of my print file. I'm not sure if these are separate issues or related. All I know is that the Demo worked and the version I have purchased doesn't.

PlIf I need to upgrade, I will. But I don't see a path to do that on PrintFab website. The fact that PrintFab Home & PrintFab Home L are initially listed together at the same price is confusing and misleading. When I drill down and read the fine print, I see I probably purchased the wrong verson for my requirements, but, as I said, I don't see an upgrade path. Please advise.
PrintFab Home / Home L
High-Quality printer driver RIP for the advanced home user and the ambitious photographer.

(CMYK mode, user color spaces and proof mode are only supported by PrintFab Pro)

Maximum print width
PrintFab Home: 9" / 22,5cm (size A4+)

PrintFab Home L: 15" / 38cm (size A3+)
pennyprints

Re: Demo Version worked great/Purchased Version crippled

Post by pennyprints »

As I've continued to drill down into my Home version of PrintFab, I've realized that, unlike any other driver interfaces I've used in the past, this one only prints vertically if you want to print on paper longer than 12 or so inches. The problem for me has been there's no error msging, attached to this if one tries to print horizontally. It just prints. Took me awhile to see the pattern. Since all of my images are horizontals at 11x14.75, I've had to rotate them 90 degrees in order for this to work. It's cumbersome and kludgy but seems to do the trick.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Demo Version worked great/Purchased Version crippled

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

just ansered by email:

The version "PrintFab Home" is for printers up to A4 print size (9" print width), this is stated on the comparison table "PrintFab Editions" and of course also in our online shop:

> Maximum print width
> PrintFab Home: 9" / 22,5cm (size A4+) EUR 49,90
> PrintFab Home L: 15" / 38cm (size A3+) EUR 89,90

If you want you can upgrade to the larger PrintFab Home L for the price difference of EUR 40.-.