Color chart for printer profile - black bleeds

rfamiev

Color chart for printer profile - black bleeds

Post by rfamiev »

Hi ZEDOnet,

I am building the Printer Profile request from the PrintFab toolbox and facing the issue with the chart prints.
I print the Limit Test Row for Ink - I see that 250 is ok there. But when I print the chart using that ink level - I have a problem with black ink, that badly bleeds. I have tried to limit the inks to 150 - but it barely does any effect on black ink. Here is the example of test chart with black inc bleeds (visible on the black bar on the top and black patch near yellowish patch).
20210927_110752_resized_1.jpg
20210927_110752_resized_1.jpg (116.85 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
What I shall do now? What I see there is that any color patch are ok - but black is bad. Is it ok to send this printed chart to you or it is unusable?
To completeness the printer I use is Epson EcoTank ET-2712.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Color chart for printer profile - black bleeds

Post by zedonet »

Hello rfamiev,

according to my information the black ink is a dye ink which should be compatible to glossy and fine art papers. However, it looks like the black ink is hardly absorbed by your paper. Note that the 150 ink limit settings does not limit the ink amount of single ink patches - it has only an effect on patches with several mixed ink channels.
The settings "100" and "125" also reduce the ink volume for patches with just one ink color (e.g. the black patch).
However, we suggest to use the chart with "150" ink limit or even with "200". The bleeding of the single black patch is not a real problem as the neighbour patches are not "polluted" by the bleeding ink. When limiting the ink volumes too much for the color chart, you might not be able to get vibrant colors later. It is still possible to effectively reduce the amout of applied ink in the print settings later when printing using the profile.
rfamiev

Re: Color chart for printer profile - black bleeds

Post by rfamiev »

Hi zedonet!

Thanks for information! Ok so I will reprint the chart now with the 200% as an ink limit and post it for profile creation - providing I do not see black bleeds to any os a color patches (I saw it when print with 300% of ink limit).

Appreciate quick response!