Linux V 2

Other questions
Desmond Armstrong

Linux V 2

Post by Desmond Armstrong »

Linux Turboprint
I have registration which works with the version 1 of the turboprint.
However I find that the registration is not accepted for the latest release of Turboprint for Linux.

I presume this is intentional and they simply want more money.

So although I continue working with version 1, I remain very disappointed that the application does not support the scanner on the Canon MP370.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello Desmond,

this is correct, users of TurboPrint 1 need an update license keyfile for the new version 2 of TurboPrint. TurboPrint 2 contains major improvements and many new features. If you are still satisfied with version 1 and are not interested in the new features, you do not need to update.

TurboPrint is just a printer driver. Scanners are completely different devices, even if they are built into a printer. However, you can use most scanners with the open source project "SANE" (www.sane-project.org).
Desmond Armstrong

Thank you for this information.
As I rebuilt the system I naturally simply downloaded the driver only to find that further license fee was required.

It is important that the turboprint version 1 should remain available for download from your website as others may experience the same problem.

As to scanners there is no support anywhere for the scanner of the Canon MP370 and certainly not from SANE.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

TurboPrint 1.x versions are available on our ftp server:

ftp://ftp.zedonet.com
Desmond Armstrong

Thank You for this information.
I now have the latest 1x version.

Just wish that there was some way to support the scanner.