Licensing and comparison with printer OEM driver

Other questions
pkoufalas

Licensing and comparison with printer OEM driver

Post by pkoufalas »

G'day

I was a licensed user of Turboprint 1.94 for Linux. I've just bought a Macbook Pro. Unhappy to find it doesn't support my printer (Canon PIXMA iP5200) out of the box. Happy to find out that the Canon CD should contain a printer driver (haven't tried it yet), and also that you now support Mac OS X with PrintFab.

But I'm wondering if:

1. My existing Turboprint 1.94 will work on an IntelMac (X11 supported) with my current license

2. If I can transfer my license to Mac OS X Turboprint / Printfab, paying any difference in license fee.

3. If it is worthwhile sticking with TurboPrint / PrintFab given that Canon have included a driver for Mac OS X on their CD. I suppose I can try both (given PrintFab has a 30d full function eval period) but would like to hear what the developer / users have to say.

Cheers,
Paul.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hi!

1. Your TurboPrint license can only be used with Linux - it is possible to install Linux on your Mac but this is probably not what you want.

2. A "cross upgrade" TurboPrint / Linux => PrintFab 2 Home / Mac costs EUR 39,-. This upgrade is not available in our online shop - please order by e-mail if you are interested.

3. Please try the 30 day trial of PrintFab. On the Mac many people use PrintFab to get accurate colors (for prepress proofing or for printing photos) or to access network printers (this is not supported by Canon's driver).
pkoufalas

Post by pkoufalas »

I'll take you up on the cross upgrade. Have sent you an email.

Cheers,
Paul.