Screen Print Film issues

Other questions
gaSignGuy

Screen Print Film issues

Post by gaSignGuy »

I was printing perfectly up until recently when my canon iX6820 quit printing. I would send the file to print and it would just get hung up in the print queue. I uninstalled printfab and set back up using USB and I'm able to print, but I'm getting oval shapes missing from my images. My nozzle test and print test came out perfect. I thought it was my artwork so I tried printing jobs that I have printed with it before and I'm getting the same issue.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 5.12.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 5.12.42 PM.png (83.02 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Screen Print Film issues

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I just answered by email and requested a photo of a print that shows the problem. Now I see that you already posted a photo :D .

The photo is a bit small so I can only guess. I have the following possible explanations:

1. there is a problem with ink supply - larger black areas are not fully covered. This looks usually less regular.
Do you get exactly the same missing oval shapes when printing the same artwork twice?

2. the PrintFab driver internally uses wrong halftone settings which causes these artefacts. Please send the PrintFab log file for closer investigation.

Here is how to find the PrintFab log file:

From the "Finder" pulldown menu, select the command "Go -> Go to folder...", then enter "/var/log". A new Finder window will open where you can find "printfab_cups.log" - copy it to your Documents directory so that you can send it by email.