Thick paper

Other questions
Joy

Thick paper

Post by Joy »

Is there a setting for thicker paper. I have an epson r1900. The epson driver has a setting for thick paper, but I'm not seeing one for Printfab.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Thick paper

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

this is currently done by selecting the apropriate media type - e.g. "Hahnemuehle Smooth FineArt" for heavy fineart papers or "Fineart" when adding a new profile in PrintFab Toolbox.

Do you have problems with paper feeding or with print quality? What kind of paper do you use?
Joy

Re: Thick paper

Post by Joy »

Hi!

I am having a bit of a paper feed issue. I need to babysit each piece of paper to make sure that the printer picks it up - frequently needs guiding. I'm also having a problem with some of the papers rubbing something inside the machine and getting smudged. I'm guessing, given that the paper thickness is set with the paper type, it is just the way it is. I was hoping that playing with a thickness setting would help.

I also have a custom profile from you for this paper. Would that also be set for thick paper? (I haven't been using it all of the time because I still can't get red to print correctly, so I use "Hahnemuehle Smooth FineArt" half of the time)

Thank you,
Joy