unity launcher and turboprint icons

Linux distribution specific questions
rquint

unity launcher and turboprint icons

Post by rquint »

This is a question about a niggling problem about running TurboPrint on Unity in Ubuntu 11.10. The installation (and upgrade, now to 2.24-1) has gone smoothly and TurboPrint works fine with both a printer connected to my PC and another through a print server on a network. However, when printing from an application, the icons shown in the Unity launcher for TurboPrint Control and TurboPrint Monitor are the same as the generic icon, which is identical to the Workspace Switcher's icon in the theme I'm using, Radiance. On the other hand, if I start TurboPrint Control by clicking on the icon for turboprint-control.desktop I do get the proper icon in the launcher, but even doing this on turboprint-monitor.desktop causes the Monitor to run, but it displasy the generic icon in the launcher.

Having identical icons displayed for running applications that may be hidden behind other windows means I have to stop and carefully check which icon stands for which app when I want switch focus.
rquint

Re: unity launcher and turboprint icons

Post by rquint »

I think I've solved it. Then TurboPrint installation routine puts turboprint-control.desktop and turboprint-monitor.desktop in ~/Desktop. When I moved them to ~/.local/share/applications the icons appeared in the launcher when the apps were called.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: unity launcher and turboprint icons

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for the information!
We will examine wether the TurboPrint installation scripts have to be updated.