Setting density and page size in Xubuntu 7.04/TP 1.95-2

Linux distribution specific questions
rusty2

Setting density and page size in Xubuntu 7.04/TP 1.95-2

Post by rusty2 »

After finally getting the system to print (my stupid fault) I see that Turboprint Setup is hiccuping on paper size and print density.

When setting the density to 1200 dpi instead of 600 dpi and applying and saving it, on the very next display of Setup, it shows it didn't save it. Same thing with going from A4 paper size to U.S. 8.5x11.

Also, I have found with regard to Kubuntu 7.04 itself that one must be certain, if one has more than one wireless PCI card installed, that the surplus card should be absolutely disabled or it will pick up and set itself up with an extraneous IP or one of another closely related to one runnng which will throw the system into agony. Of course, if one is using it for an application, I'm certain that it would behave itself.

Paper size is more important that print density to me. And, my turboprint_cups.log is showing the version as 1.95-1 and not 1.95-2 which may or may not be important. Further, in Kubuntu Print Settings, one cannot change anything that Turboprint has set up.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.....

rusty2
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Please try the new version 1.96 available on www.turboprint.info/download which should fix the problem.