[Canon S750] : no printing

Linux distribution specific questions
grosguillaume

[Canon S750] : no printing

Post by grosguillaume »

Hello.

I've installed Turborpint with turboprint_1.96-2_i386.deb.

My Canon S750 is detected as:
tp0
Canon_S750
Local printer
usb://Canon/S750

The check box "Started" and "Accepting" are not checked but i can't print a testpage, or other document :oops:

lsusb says :

Code: Select all

Bus 006 Device 007: ID 04a9:106d Canon, Inc. S750 Printer
In /var/log/turboprint.log, there is theses lines when i try to print a testpage :

Code: Select all

lp -d tp0 /tmp/tp7416_1.tmp
ERROR:
prefs::get_description: locale section 'colorspace' not found

Can someone help me, please ?

Guillaume
Ubuntu Gutsy
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

In any case the check boxes "started" and "accepting must be selected / checked! Otherwise you cannot print anything. If the "started" box becomes unselected after sending a print job there is probably a problem with the usb port.
What Linux distribution are you using? In case of Ubuntu there is a known problem with the access rights to the usb port:

--- quote ---

I have a similar problem on an MP600.

I solved it by checking the permissions of /dev/usb*

Turned out that cupsys runs as user "cupsys", which needs to be in group plugdev. This is on Ubuntu Feisty. So check

ls -l /dev/usb*
ps aux |grep cups
grep plugdev /etc/group

If that is the case for you, you need to

adduser cupsys plugdev

--- quote ---
grosguillaume

Post by grosguillaume »

zedonet wrote:In any case the check boxes "started" and "accepting must be selected / checked! Otherwise you cannot print anything. If the "started" box becomes unselected after sending a print job there is probably a problem with the usb port.
Thank's for your answer.
I know this point ; i've juste mentioned it to show the problem dosen't come from this.

zedonet wrote:What Linux distribution are you using? In case of Ubuntu there is a known problem with the access rights to the usb port:

--- quote ---

I have a similar problem on an MP600.

I solved it by checking the permissions of /dev/usb*

Turned out that cupsys runs as user "cupsys", which needs to be in group plugdev. This is on Ubuntu Feisty. So check

ls -l /dev/usb*
ps aux |grep cups
grep plugdev /etc/group

If that is the case for you, you need to

adduser cupsys plugdev

--- quote ---
I use Ubuntu Gutsy and have found this topic, but nothing has changed.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there seems to be a problem in Ubuntu Gutsy:
People can't get Turboprint to work in Ubuntu Gutsy. This is due to the inclusion of AppArmor.

The bug is known to the Ubuntu developers. Bug report at Launchpad can be found here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/133818

I just wanted to post this here, as I do not know if the Turboprint creaters are aware of this and if it does involve them making changes to Turboprint.