os::copyfile: could not open dest file /etc/turboprint/icons

Linux distribution specific questions
Cubbie

Post by Cubbie »

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed turboprint-2.01-2.i586.tgz as root from my home/me/Downloads folder. I have Linux Mint 5 Elyssa rev.1 (for i386) based on ubuntu Hardy.

Install went fine, though I did see this in terminal output after finishing with install:

Code: Select all

(turboprint:7122): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_scroll_to_cell: assertion `tree_view->priv->tree != NULL' failed
I have Canon Pixma iP3000 and AMD64 processor.

I figured out how to add my printer after setting device URI to usb : //Canon/iP3000

In turboprint config.log I get the error

Thanks! When I get Turboprint to copy a crossword from "Los Angeles Times Crosswords" sight, then I will very pleased. I haven't tried it yet. In LINUX with CUPS v1,3,x the test page looks fine, but when I print a crossword, there's a long wide black bar printed down the side of the puzzle, and the print is messy looking, either from Opera or Firefox3.
Cubbie

Post by Cubbie »

I finally gave Sunday's crossword a print out, and I was surprised that Turboprint printed the same problematic layout I had using CUPS via Opera9.51 and Firefox3, which is, the puzzle gets pushed towards the left of the page and on the right side of the page, there's a two inch wide solid black field running the lengh of the paper. Boy, I've wasted quite a bit of black ink lately. :wink: The only difference I can see between using CUPS/Linux and TP to print this particular sight's puzzles is that the fonts are not muddled a bit like they are in CUPS, like they are missing parts of the black pin points of the ink.

I tried TurboPrint with this same Canon printer in Dec. '07, and it spit out a nice and correct layout of the puzzle, except for the TP logo on the page, otherwise it looked great. That was using an older kernel, and older hardware, even older JAVA. I'll put off my printer for a while for things to catch up. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.