Canon, Cleans heads OK but won't print, status OK

Linux distribution specific questions
sonobob

Canon, Cleans heads OK but won't print, status OK

Post by sonobob »

Entire TurboPrint installation was without errors (2.07-1). I'm on the second day of the trial period.
Linux version 2.6.25-gentoo-r7

TP sees the Canon ip1800 printer and adds it without errors. Connections test passes.

Using the TP toolbox, I can clean the print heads on the printer. "Print Testpage" however appears to work, but nothing happens at the printer.
Also, "real" print jobs appear to have completed in the logs, but nothing happens at the printer (not even a flashing light to indicate communication). Typical "completed" job entry:
tp1-43 TurboPrint Testpage huntj 6k Unknown completed at
Mon 16 Feb 2009 10:48:49 AM MST

What can you tell me? What can I tell you to figure this problem out?

The one thing that might seem abnormal is: when starting tprintdaemon, I get a warning:

TP-Daemon Version 2.07-1
locale::open: couldn't open locale file
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello sonobob,

please check the "URI" of the printer setup in TurboPrint Control Center. What is entered in that field?
If your printer is connected via USB it should show something like "usb://..." or better "tpu://...".
You can change it in TurboPrint Control Center by selecting a different connection.
sonobob

Post by sonobob »

URI is tpu://Canon/iP1800_series
Driver is Canon_PIXMA_iP1800
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

To check what is going wrong on your system we need your logfiles:

/var/log/turboprint/print.log
/var/log/cups/error_log

please send these files by email to "mail at zedonet dot de" (replace "at" and "dot" with "@" and ".")
Star_Gazer

Post by Star_Gazer »

I'm having the same problems. My Printer is Canon PIMXA ip1800, and am using it on openSUSE 11.2 (KDE 4.4.0 (release 2));

The Ink Level Features work - the Print Nozzle Test printed, but that is all I have been able to get printed - when I try to print, I see the printer light blink a couple of times or so.

If TurboPrint will work for my printer, I intend on buying a license after the 30-day period.

But in short, I can't get no test pages to print, or anything to print from kwrite.

Star_Gazer
Star_Gazer

Post by Star_Gazer »

zedonet wrote:To check what is going wrong on your system we need your logfiles:

/var/log/turboprint/print.log
/var/log/cups/error_log

please send these files by email to "mail at zedonet dot de" (replace "at" and "dot" with "@" and ".")
I just sent those files as well. :wink:

Star_Gazer
Star_Gazer

Re: Canon, Cleans heads OK but won't print, status OK

Post by Star_Gazer »

There are a couple of differences here in my case...
sonobob wrote:...but nothing happens at the printer (not even a flashing light to indicate communication).
My light does blink a couple of times, indicating communication with the iP1800, but nothing prints (except for the Nozzle Pattern Check).
The one thing that might seem abnormal is: when starting tprintdaemon, I get a warning:

TP-Daemon Version 2.07-1
locale::open: couldn't open locale file
I do not get that error - mine just says:
TP-Daemon Version 2.13-2

I will wait to hear back from support so I can see whether or not I will be able to use TurboPrint.

Star_Gazer
Star_Gazer

Post by Star_Gazer »

Nearly 3 weeks of the "30 day trial" which does not work, and no response here or from the email where I sent the logs. Wow. :cry:
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

please excuse the long long delay :oops: !

I received the log files and can see that it doesn't work. However, there isn't any information contained where the actual problem is.

Can you please download and try the current version TurboPrint 2.14-1 (to make sure that it isn't a problem that has been fixed meanwhile)?