glabes cd direct printing canon MP600R

Linux distribution specific questions
pasqualeb

glabes cd direct printing canon MP600R

Post by pasqualeb »

Hi all,
I'm trying to print on a printable cd with turboprint but without any success.
I created several templates and a copy of tp0 printer with specific PrintableCD media/CD Tray, but the printing is either scaled down either moved on the right by a 50% position size.
My OS is Ubuntu 8.10 on sun ultra24. The same application print correctly (only in grayscale) with the MP610 ubuntu native driver.
Any suggestion, please?
Pasquale
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Before investigating the problem with glabels: Can you check if printing to CD works properly from GIMP or OpenOffice Draw?

In OpenOffice Draw, create a new document with 14x14cm page size and 1cm margins. In the OO print dialog, button "Properties...", choose "PageSize"="CD/DVD" and in tab "Device": "MediaType"="CD printable".

PS: To make position test prints, you could create a document with crosshairs at the center and print it on an old CD (data side). If the position is incorrect you can wipe off the crosshairs and reuse the CD for the next test.
pasqualeb

Post by pasqualeb »

Hi,
I've made the test with openoffice draw and all the results are successfull.
Some suggestions for gLabels?
Thanks,
Pasquale
pasqualeb

[SOLVED! (Maybe!)

Post by pasqualeb »

Hi all,
Maybe I have found a solution.
First of all I have create a glabel template file:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Glabels-templates xmlns="http://snaught.com/glabels/2.0/">
<Template name="Paskal CD tp" size="Other" width="131mm" height="131mm" description="TurboPrint PIXMA CD ">
  <Label-cd id="0" radius="61mm" hole="58.5pt" waste="0pt">
    <Layout nx="1" ny="1" x0="-35mm" y0="6mm" dx="4.425in" dy="4.425in"/>
    <Markup-margin size="2pt"/>
  </Label-cd>
</Template>
<Template name="Paskal CD tpCD" size="Other" width="131mm" height="131mm" description="TurboPrint PIXMA CD (tpCD)">
  <Label-cd id="0" radius="61mm" hole="58.5pt" waste="0pt">
    <Layout nx="1" ny="1" x0="3mm" y0="3mm" dx="4.425in" dy="4.425in"/>
    <Markup-margin size="2pt"/>
  </Label-cd>
</Template>
</Glabels-templates>
In glabels select New->Tempates->Media Size:other and select che 'Paskal CD' template.
This template works with a standard printer configuration of turboprint with my MP600R but yet with a problem: nothing to left of 35mm is printed. I have not solved this point. I think this is due to the media size fixed to A4 :(.
As second chance I created a new turboprint printer with Media Size:"CD/DVD", Media Type="CD Printable", Media Source="CD Tray".
With this second printer and the 'Paskal CD tpCD' template, the results are very good.
Hope this can help anyone.
Pasquale
http://www.sublogic.org