TurboPrint Problems with MX7600 Opensuse 64bit network

Linux distribution specific questions
philg

TurboPrint Problems with MX7600 Opensuse 64bit network

Post by philg »

Hello,

I am having persistent problems with many of the new versions of TurboPrint, at least the three latest.

My Canon MX7600 printer is connected over the network, and I have the same problem with Opensuse 11.0/11.1 64bit. The prints frequently fail. Either after about 25% of the page has been printed or when trying to duplex. The printer works perfectly in Windows.

I am fairly disappointed as I bought 3 copies with updates but the only version that nearly works is now old.

Can you help find the problem? What information should I post?

Thanks,
Philip
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for your feedback!

This is probably a network problem - please try if printing with direct USB connection works reliably.

About the network printing setup:

Please check which "URI" is listed for your printer in TurboPrint Control Center (column "URI") and post the information.

If the URI starts with "bjnp://...", the BJNP (Canon Bubble Jet Network Protocol) is used - this is recommended.

In this case, please check which version of the BJNP network backend is installed on your system: open a "Terminal" window and enter the command

/usr/lib/cups/backend/bjnp --version

and post the information.
philg

Post by philg »

Hi, we managed to sort it out. One more re-install from scratch did the trick. I suspect that it was installing without stopping the daemon that was causing a problem? Do you think that could be it?