TurboPrint on Hardy

Linux distribution specific questions
pastor_jw

TurboPrint on Hardy

Post by pastor_jw »

Installing TurboPrint 2.12-1 on my Kubuntu 8.04 Dell Inspiron 1525n took more than 12 hours and clicking on the monitor icon after install has taken over five hours so far and still has not displayed anything. It does complete sometime as yesterday I left it trying to display while I was gone for nine hour and it was displaying when I got back. However, trying to click on something sends it back into the several hour wait to do anything. The machine is fully updated. Any idea what is wrong?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the reason for a delay at the start of TurboPrint Control or TurboPrint Monitor is that TurboPrint needs to wait for a connection with the CUPS printing system - this should not take longer than a few seconds.

Do you also have a delay when you open the CUPS web frontend in a browser with the URL "http://localhost:631" ?
pastor_jw

Post by pastor_jw »

Yes Cups also lags by hours for some things There was an update of cups the 10th and it installed like normal, just a few seconds, however, I did not see any change in using either cups or turbo print. I am not sure if TurboPrint is completly installed yet (I started the install two days ago) as right now the TurboPrint config - Enter Password screen is saying "please wait" from when I entered the password , it took 8.75hours to complete. TurboPrint is not usable in this fashion at all. It has not yet printed since yesterday afternoon but the day before's page printed this morning. Once the printer started it took only normal print time to complete. TurboPrint has not worked since sometime in early Sept. It worked fine in July.
pastor_jw

Post by pastor_jw »

I see. It can not be fixed then. Sorry I bought it. I thought it would work longer than two months. I'll work on writing a reveiw.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

very likely this problem cannot be fixed from our side, as it seems to be a problem within your Linux installation. This is really a very rare problem - I haven't heard of a similar problem in the last 10 years. Doing a fresh Linux install may be an option.