Color settings have no effects

Linux distribution specific questions
mardan56

Color settings have no effects

Post by mardan56 »

Hi,
I'm user of Ubuntu 64-bit and printer Canon Pixma IP4600.
I print photos using Gimp and Picasa, everything is OK but the color correction (Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Color Gamut, Color corrections of Black, Cyan, Magneta, Yellow) does not function. Settings in tab "Layout" function great.
How to solve this?
Last edited by mardan56 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello mardan56,

where did you change these settings? In the TurboPrint plugin for Gimp? You can open the TurboPrint settings with the "TurboPrint Config..." button of the plugin.
If you have change any settings via TurboPrint Control, these settings only change the default values for all applications. As Gimp keeps its own set of settings, you must handle all changes via the print dialog and the "TurboPrint Config..." menu.
mardan56

Post by mardan56 »

The change of settins have no effects in both ways of changing them (via Control Panel and "Turbo Print" item in Photoshop menu).
mardan56

<SOLVED>

Post by mardan56 »

I have deinstalled Turboprint and downloaded the newest version - the effect is that everything is OK now. Thank you for trying to help me.
mardan56

The problem is come back

Post by mardan56 »

I use Gimp for printing and when i want to print something i choose the menu item "Turboprint". Whatever I there change has no effect. I have changed contrast for maximum, printing of multiple pages on one sheet - without any effect. Changing the settings in driver has also no effect. I have many times the driver reinstalled but it does not solve this problem. Can you give me information in witch files are stored the configuration? Maybe if I delete the files and reinstall the driver it would help.