Borderless printing in LibreOffice Draw

Linux distribution specific questions
itfixt

Borderless printing in LibreOffice Draw

Post by itfixt »

For reasons best known to the developers, LO Draw doesn't take the list of paper sizes from the printer driver but has some odd list of sizes built in to it. Anyone have any idea how to make it see sense and take them from the printer driver (i.e, Turboprin)?
broadstairs

Re: Borderless printing in LibreOffice Draw

Post by broadstairs »

Might be worth checking https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread. ... aper+sizes to see if relevant. It is fixed now with latest versions of QT5.

Stuart
itfixt

Post by itfixt »

Thanks Stuart - I checked it but AFAICS, LO doesn't use QT5 and in any case the problem described there isn't the same as I am getting. They see the paper sizes but selection doesn't work; in LO, I only get LO's pre-defined paper sizes, not those provided by the printer driver. I'll go looking for where LO holds those templates (they're not in the config:paths :/ ) and see if they're hand-editable.
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

I just tested this in LO Draw and Turboprint and was able to select A4 borderless with no problem at all, or come to that any other paper size valid for my Canon iP7250. Are you using Turboprint or plain CUPS/Gutenprint?

Stuart
itfixt

Post by itfixt »

It's definitely TP. However...

In Draw:
File -> Print -> Properties and the paper" tab shows A4 and you can't change it.
Format -> Page Setup and you can change the page size but it's showing that odd set of sizes, including "16 Kai" but no Bordeless ones from TP.

In Writer:
File -> Print -> Properties - as for Draw.
Format -> Page Setup - as for Draw
File -> Printer settings -> Properties - Paper size is A4 Borderless!! I assume the document must have been created when the TP document sizes were selectable but something - an update? - has overwritten them :/

It's just occurred to me that I installed a driver for a Samsung laser printer (only in CUPS, not TP) recently and I wonder if that's the source of the problem, although that printer is not the default. Also, if I look at the printer settings in CUPS, the TP-supported sizes are there for the Canon.
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

If I open File Print Properties on Draw the A4 option is greyed out until I check the box at the top saying 'Use only paper size from printer preferences' once done I can change the paper to any from the printer including borderless.

For me in Draw there is no Format Page Setup option, however there is a Page Properties option which does allow the page size to be selected and yes 16Kai shows there among others although no borderless option.

BTW I run LO V6.1.3.2 on openSUSE Tumbleweed in case that matters.

Stuart
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I just verified functionality of borderless sizes in Libre Office .
(Ubuntu 18.04, of course this may be different in other Linux distributions - @itfixt: which Linux distribution do you use?)

Please follow these steps:

- In Libre Office dialog Format -> PageSetup, set the size to custom and enter the width and height of your borderless page size

- In the Libre Office Draw print dialog, check the box 'Use only paper size from printer preferences'
@broadstairs: Thank you for this hint!

- now TurboPrint's borderless sizes should be available in the paper size setting in the LO Draw print dialog

- when printing, TurboPrint Monitor should also show the correct paper size