TurboPrint not listed in LXDE menu

Linux distribution specific questions
steve

TurboPrint not listed in LXDE menu

Post by steve »

I have been running TurboPrint for a year and a half in KDE with no problems. I have a Canon i4200 printer and TurboPrint works great for the printer. However I am now using LXDE instead of KDE and TurboPrint doesn't show up anywhere. I can't place an icon on task panel either. The only way I can start the TurboPrint monitor is by typing in /usr/bin/turboprint-monitor in a terminal. How can I get TurboPrint to show up in the menu on LXDE? Thank you.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

I include your post from the other thread:
I posted a topic last week about not being able to see TurboPrint at all in LXDE. After upgrading the OS and re installing TurboPrint it now appears, however after setting up my printer the Print Monitor still doesn't work. It shows the ink level but nothing else in the Print Monitor window works. Can anyone help with this? Thank you.
Hello,

the panel applet is only available for KDE and Gnome, however it should not be a problem to create a desktop icon pointing to /usr/bin/turboprint-monitor.

Regarding the problem "the print monitor still doesn't work":

The monitor should show printer status if the printer is directly connected to your computer via USB.

Please check the "URI" in the TurboPrint Control Center - it should be "tpu://Canon/iP4200". If it is "usb://Canon/...", click on "Edit" and choose the entry "Canon iP4200 TP-USB".
steve

print monitor not working

Post by steve »

Thanks for info. My printer is connected to the computer by usb port. I changed URI from dev/usb/lp0 to Canon IP4200 TP-USB. TurboPrint Monitor shows ink level and job list the only button that works is help. While I'm using LXDE I do have KDE on my computer also and TurboPrint isn't available in KDE anywhere. Since TurboPrint is loaded in the Operating System shouldn't it be available to KDE also? Thank you