Will Not Print on PCLinuxOS 2010 [SOLVED]

Linux distribution specific questions
Bob Estes

Will Not Print on PCLinuxOS 2010 [SOLVED]

Post by Bob Estes »

I just updated my OS from PCLinuxOS 2009 to PCLinuxOS 2010 and reinstalled TurboPrint. My printer is a Canon PIXMA IP-1600. TurboPrint seemed to install and set up my printer properly, but it keeps telling me that the printer is not connected or switched off. The printer is definitely hooked up and turned on, because it works fine from Windows XP which is dual booted on the same machine. It also worked fine from PCLOS 2009.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Estes on Mon May 17, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

what is the "URI" in TurboPrint Control Center (list of printers, column "URI")?

Can you print or does TurboPrint Monitor show this message all the time, even when the printer is idle?
Bob Estes

Post by Bob Estes »

zedonet wrote:Hello,

what is the "URI" in TurboPrint Control Center (list of printers, column "URI")?

Can you print or does TurboPrint Monitor show this message all the time, even when the printer is idle?
The URI is /dev/lp0. The printer is connected to the parallel port.

I can not print. The print job will queue up, but that is all it will do. The message is shown all of the time.

Bob
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

according to my information, the Canon PIXMA iP1600 only has a USB port.

Please try the following: Open TurboPrint control center, click on "Edit", then choose "Port"="Other" and set "URI" to

tpu://Canon/iP1600
Bob Estes

Post by Bob Estes »

zedonet wrote:Hello,

according to my information, the Canon PIXMA iP1600 only has a USB port.

Please try the following: Open TurboPrint control center, click on "Edit", then choose "Port"="Other" and set "URI" to

tpu://Canon/iP1600
That worked. Thank you very much. I was mistaken about the printer connection. I thought it had both USB and parallel port capabilities., so when the software said it was connected to the parallel port I didn't think to verify it. Again, thank you very much for your help.

Bob