Ubuntu upgrade

Linux distribution specific questions
cgraves

Ubuntu upgrade

Post by cgraves »

I have been using Ubuntu 10.04 and was about to update to 10.10 when the update dialog said it was going to delete TurboPrint as part of the deal. Does anyone have experience with this. Is it a simple reinstall then show TurboPrint the key?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

due to package dependencies, for Ubuntu 10.10 version TurboPrint 2.16 (hor higher) is required.

This means that if an earlier version of TurboPrint is installed, Ubuntu will delete the package TurboPrint when upgrading to Ubuntu 10.10.

You can reinstall TurboPrint after upgrading and register with your existing license key.
rquint

Can't install TurboPrint in Maverick Meerkat

Post by rquint »

Upgrading to Meerkat I allowed TurboPrint to be removed knowing I still had my source and key files. However, even after installing cupsys with Synaptic I couldn't reinstall turboprint_1.96-4_i386.deb. I kept getting the error message "Dependency is not satisfiable: cupsys"

Any idea how to get around this?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Installation from a terminal windows should work with the following command:

dpkg -i --ignore-depends=cupsys turboprint_1.96-4_i386.deb

However, TurboPrint 1.x is probably not compatible with Ubuntu 10.x.
rquint

Post by rquint »

Thanks for the advice but,
dpkg -i --ignore-depends=cupsys turboprint_1.96-4_i386.deb
works to install TurboPrint 1.96-4, but then Upgrade manager decides to remove it. Guess it's time to upgrade to TurboPrint2. BTW, even with 10.10 the old PowerPC version of TurboPrint still works.