grayscale fast - missing parts in graphics

Linux distribution specific questions
kam

grayscale fast - missing parts in graphics

Post by kam »

Dear all,
I have used turboprint for more than a year now and I cannot say very successfully. The failure, however, was to buy the canon pixma ip4700 printer of which I hoped he would (and was told he did so) just print what he should and not annoy me with printing errors. There are several things that do not function, I use ubuntu 11.04:
- the grayscale fast option is only working halfway: most of the larger documents (e.g. forty pages reduced to four pages per site, duplex) will not print at all, it cancels before starting;
- sometimes, the printer (when calibrated for grayscale) prints in colours, all in red or yellow instead of greyish;
- and there are, from time to time, parts lacking with more complex graphics (but not so complex ones), e.g. the head of an arrow, parts of texts are missing...
Thank you for your help, I just want to work with the papers the printer should print correctly, should not that be possible?
Kam
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: grayscale fast - missing parts in graphics

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

please excuse the delay!

It would be helpful if you could send in a bug report the next time a problem occurs.
Please include:

- the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log
- information on your Linux system and the application software that you used to print
- the document that you printed
- a scan or digicam foto of the printed output

You can either post in the forum or send by email to
mail (at) zedonet (dot) com