Some questions before buy: b&w quality, paper, program

imopen

Some questions before buy: b&w quality, paper, program

Post by imopen »

Hi,
i'm very interested in your printing tool, i've tried in my canon ip5200 under feisty ubuntu and i'm astonished about the results :shock:

I have some questions before buy the license:

1) i love b&w print, i made some print with "super" quality settings and color mode grayscale: the print is very cool but not so accurate as printed in Windows, i notice that there is a little hard rumor, the print in Windows appear a little more soft, accurate. the registered version improve the quality?

2) i bought ilford professional papers, i have right icc profiles of papers. may i use them? or there are proply settings for ilford papers?

3) is bibble-lite program supported? i use this commercial (and excellent) program to develop my RAW files, and i would like to print with it

thank you very much, and keep up the wonderful work!

imopen
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello!

1. The print quality is the same as in the registered version. The "grayscale" mode uses only black ink and produces a visible dither pattern. A workaround is to convert the image to black&white and print it in color mode (this is how Canon's Windows driver does it by default).

2. Support for ICC profiles is planned for a future TurboPrint version. I would try the media settings "Canon PR101", "Tetenal" and "Fuji" and use the one that gives the best results.

3. I have no experience with bibble-lite - if this program has a "print" function it should be possible to print with TurboPrint.
imopen

Post by imopen »

1. i used already converted in B&W image, i convert them with bibble or photoshop... to print i used simply lpr program, maybe i can improve the quality using gimp or a graphic program? i'll try :)

2. ok, i'll give a try. Remember the support of icc profiles is very very important for photography passionate :wink:

3. bibble (www.bibblelabs.com) has print function, but do nothing when i press the icon... i don't know if is a problem of program or driver, i'll post a message also in bibble forum

Thank you for the quick answer, i'm going to buy my license, It's a wonderful printing system and you deserve backing :wink:

imopen