Default settings stored?

MadEgg

Default settings stored?

Post by MadEgg »

I've been using the turboprint driver a couple of days now and one of the things (aside from the crash described in my other post) that bugs me is that the settings keep getting messed up.

When printing I change between photo paper 4x6'' and A4 paper, and between lower tray and top feed. The thing is, turboprint seems to always remember thet LAST settings instead of the default settings. I am used (on both Windows and Linux with my previous printer) that I set the default settings using the CUPS webinterface (or maybe in this case the TurboPrint Control) which are used initially on each start of every application. When I change the print settings in that application, those settings are remembered only for THAT application during the time it is running. When I close it and reopen the same program, the settings were back to default.

I get the impression that this is not the case using TurboPrint. Each time I have printed a photo from Gwenview or the Gimp, I have to remember when printing from OpenOffice to set the paper source back to Lower Tray and the page size to A4.

What is going on here, am I just seeing things or is this indeed a glitch of the driver?
MadEgg

Post by MadEgg »

Hmm, I just noticed, I just cancelled all print jobs. I turned off the printer to get rid of the 'out of paper' message due to the fact that it tried to feed from the top feed, turned it on again and then I started the print job again from OpenOffice.

I explicitly set it to Lower Tray and A4 paper and low quality. But in the TurboPrint Printer Monitor it says:

Page size = 4x6'' Borderless
Quality = High

Which is the last setting I used when printing a picture from the Gimp. I set that option from the Gimp dialog, not using TurboPrint or CUPs. So something is definitely wrong here. It is remembering settings it shouldn't and it disregards settings set explicit for this print job.

The only way I found to get it to use the entire paper eventually was to export the document from OpenOffice to PDF.
I first tried printing from Okular, which revealed an additional setting 'PageRegion' which was set to 4x6''. What is this setting for and why isn't it implied by the page size setting, and why does it not show in OpenOffice? Anyway, from Okular I tried printing but still the Printer Monitor said '4x6'' borderless' once again, so no luck.

Then I tried printing from Adobe Reader. There I found no option pageregion but page size was set to A4. I tried printing and finally I got it to use the entire paper.
MadEgg

Post by MadEgg »

I still cannot print from OpenOffice, which is rather annoying. I first have to export to PDF and open it using Acrobat Reader, otherwise it still tries to print to 4x6'' Borderless paper... Any suggestion how to fix this would be appreciated.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

please excuse the delay.

Under Linux, each application must provide its own print dialog (as opposed to Windows / Mac).

Unfortunately, print dialogs look quite different (exception: all KDE applications have the same KDE print dialog and most Gnome applications use the standard Gnome print dialog).

Most programs - like OpenOffice - use the default print settings that can be set using TurboPrint Control (the CUPS web interface also sets defaults, but only for the "root" user). It is possible to view / modify these settings using the CUPS command line tool "lpoptions".

However, some applications store the settings of the last print job - e.g. the GIMP-TurboPrint print dialog.

When printing from OpenOffice, please make sure that the page size is set to A4 in the print dialog. If the page size incorrect every time you start OpenOffice, please check the default settings in TurboPrint Control.
MadEgg

Post by MadEgg »

I never had any problems like this before on a HP Deskjet printer without turboprint.

Anyway, the thing is, the settings that I set are just completely ignored. I have the same problem in both OpenOffice as in KDE's Okular. I can set the page size to A4 but the turbo print monitor afterwards (I have 'Confim jobs' enabled) says it's 4x6'' Borderless.

I also just tried setting:

lpoptions -o PageRegion=A4

That works, if I run lpoptions afterwards, it says that PageRegion is indeed set to A4. Page size is always set to A4 there when trying lptions. But after I send a print job to the printer from either Okular or OpenOffice, with page size correctly set to A4, this setting reverts to 4x6'' Borderless.

I have checked the default settings in TurboPrint Control, it is correctly set to A4 paper there.

The only way to printer correctly from OpenOffice is still: export to PDF, open this PDF with Acrobat Reader (okular does not work as mentioned), and print it from there.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the option "PageRegion" is a duplicate of "PageSize" and is usually ignored - it is only present because it is part of the Adobe PPD specification (postscript printer definition) that every Linux printer driver must conform to.

The command line option for setting the page size is

lpoptions -p tp0 -o media=A4

(replace "tp0" by the actual printer name)
To display all current options use

lpoptions -p tp0 -l

However, when printing from OpenOffice, the size that is chosen in the OpenOffice print dialog ("Properties..." -> "Paper size" - as described in the TurboPrint PDF manual on page 75) is the only setting that is relevant.

Please check if this is already the case.

If there are still problems, please post the following information:

- your Linux distribution & version, OpenOffice version
- the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log (section for the last print job)
MadEgg

Post by MadEgg »

My last attempt to print a document from OpenOffice. I have explicitly set page size to A4 in Properties -> Paper size.

The related section in the log:
#######################################################
NEW PRINT JOB zo apr 26 19:12:30 CEST 2009 (pstoturboprint 2.06-2)
job-id 377
user eggie
title 2008-07-02 ichthus huurcontract herziene versie
copies 1
options InputSlot=LowerTray PageRegion=4x6inBorderless PageSize=Letter zedoColorModel=RGB Duplex=DuplexNoTumble job-uuid=urn:uuid:01322470-9d81-3739-7504-55a804f5c841
file
queue canon
test directory access:
drwxr-xr-x 2 eggie eggie 20480 2009-04-02 20:28 /usr/share/turboprint/printers
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb80b9000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0xb8074000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7f11000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb80ba000)
/usr/bin/tpprint -v2 -l/var/log/turboprint/print.log --ppdfile=/etc/cups/ppd/canon.ppd --psfeatures /tmp/pstoturboprint10861.chunk /tmp/pstoturboprint10861.var
Searching PPD file and postscript header for options...
check_flag_file: opening /var/turboprint/eggie/prv/canon
check_flag_file: contents Canon_PIXMA_iP4600
check_flag_file: opening /var/turboprint/eggie/sml/canon
----------- Start of var file -----------
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoPageRegion=Letter"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoMediaType=Plainpaper_4"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInputSlot=LowerTray"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorModel=RGB"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoDithering=ErrorDiffusion"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoMirror=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoDuplexAdjust=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorspace=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoCMYKspace=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoIntent=perception_0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoIntensity=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoBrightness=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoContrast=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorY=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorM=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorC=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorK=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInklimitY=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInklimitM=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInklimitC=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInklimitK=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoRefLight=65"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoGreyToneA=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoGreyToneB=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoGamut=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoUCR=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoTAC=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoBrightC=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoBrightM=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoDuplexadvanced=auto"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoBorderlessExpand=2"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoResolution=300x300dpi_1"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoDuplex=DuplexNoTumble"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoPrinterDriver=Canon_PIXMA_iP4600"
GSPPDFOUND=1
GSCOLORMODE=2
GSXDPI=300
GSYDPI=300
GSWIDTH=2550
GSHEIGHT=3300
TPWIDTH=8500
TPHEIGHT=11000
TPXOFFSET=0
TPYOFFSET=0
DUPLEX=0
PREVIEW=2
NOPRINT=0
BORDERLESS=0
PVXDPI=93
PVYDPI=93
PVWIDTH=790
PVHEIGHT=1023
----------- End of var file -----------
tpstdin --parsedsc result=0
GSRESULT=GPL Ghostscript 8.64 (2009-02-03) GSVERSION=GPL GSMAJOR=8 GSMINOR=64 GSCUPSDEVICE=1
Setting INPUTFILE to /tmp/pstoturboprint10861.ps
Reading from /tmp/pstoturboprint10861.ps
GSCOMMANDLINE=gs -sDEVICE=cups -r300x300 -dNOMEDIAATTRS -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
TPCOMMANDLINE=/usr/bin/tpprint --cups -v2 -l/var/log/turboprint/print.log --ppdfile=/etc/cups/ppd/canon.ppd --psheader=/etc/cups/ppd/canon.ppd ---zedoPageRegion=Letter ---zedoMediaType=Plainpaper_4 ---zedoInputSlot=LowerTray ---zedoColorModel=RGB ---zedoDithering=ErrorDiffusion ---zedoMirror=0 ---zedoDuplexAdjust=0 ---zedoColorspace=0 ---zedoCMYKspace=0 ---zedoIntent=perception_0 ---zedoIntensity=0 ---zedoBrightness=0 ---zedoContrast=0 ---zedoColorY=0 ---zedoColorM=0 ---zedoColorC=0 ---zedoColorK=0 ---zedoInklimitY=0 ---zedoInklimitM=0 ---zedoInklimitC=0 ---zedoInklimitK=0 ---zedoRefLight=65 ---zedoGreyToneA=0 ---zedoGreyToneB=0 ---zedoGamut=0 ---zedoUCR=0 ---zedoTAC=0 ---zedoBrightC=0 ---zedoBrightM=0 ---zedoDuplexadvanced=auto ---zedoBorderlessExpand=2 ---zedoResolution=300x300dpi_1 ---zedoDuplex=DuplexNoTumble ---zedoPrinterDriver=Canon_PIXMA_iP4600 --jobid=377 --username=eggie '--title=2008-07-02 ichthus huurcontract herziene versie' --preview=/tmp/pstoturboprint10861.pvfifo
COMPLETEPIPE=gs -sDEVICE=cups -r300x300 -dNOMEDIAATTRS -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sOutputFile=/tmp/pstoturboprint10861.fifo /tmp/pstoturboprint10861.ps >> /var/log/turboprint/print.log
PREVIEWPIPE=gs -sDEVICE=pcx24b -r93x93 -g790x1023 -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sOutputFile=/tmp/pstoturboprint10861.pvfifo /tmp/pstoturboprint10861.ps >> /var/log/turboprint/print.log
----------- Start of print job -----------
starting child process
tpprint 2.09-1 (24-MAR-2009) - TurboPrint printer driver
Copyright (C)ZEDOnet GmbH, Irsee, Germany. All rights reserved.
interpret_ps: no output file specified
GPL Ghostscript 8.64 (2009-02-03)
Copyright (C) 2009 Artifex Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
::set_info_paths: setting preview file to /var/turboprint/eggie/zmf/377.zmf
Filetype=CupsRasterbits_per_pixel=32 bytes_per_line=9600 width=2400 height=3205
RGB Mode
PCX compression 1
print_file: tp_init->preview=2
print_file: preview with pause - wait for user confirmation
set_image width=790 height=1023
print_page: preview dialog returned 4
Report at end of pdrivecontrol_class::release_printer
100 inifile::open(buffer)
42863 inifile::open(buffer)
9601 pixmap::open: bitshift_buffer
9600 pixmap::open: pixmap_buffer
7200 pcx_class: temp buffer
Total memory usage=69364
child process terminated
------------ End of print job - result = 255 ------------
job cancelling procedure - TPPID=10924 GSPID=10926 PVPID=10925
------------ END of tpprint filter ------------
As you can see, this job is interpreted as a letter size job for some reason. I really do not have a clue where to look for a cause of this problem, but definitely something is going wrong here.

This is on Kubuntu 9.04, openoffice 3.0.1. But it is not only OpenOffice. It happens from Okular as well. A log file from a Okular print job, that gets interpreted as a 4x6'' size job:
#######################################################
NEW PRINT JOB zo apr 26 19:19:51 CEST 2009 (pstoturboprint 2.06-2)
job-id 378
user eggie
title RICHTLIJNEN TER VOORBEREIDING UNIDAD 6 WEEK 10
copies 1
options media=A4 sides=one-sided finishings=3 number-up=1 zedoUserColor=0 zedoPreview=preview-off columns=1 cpi=10 lpi=6 PageRegion=4x6inBorderless MediaType=Plainpaper_4 Resolution=300x300dpi_1 InputSlot=LowerTray zedoColorModel=Gray zedoDithering=ErrorDiffusion zedoMirror=0 zedoDuplexAdjust=0 zedoBrightness=0 zedoContrast=0 zedoGamut=0 zedoIntensity=0 zedoColorY=0 zedoColorC=0 zedoColorM=0 zedoColorK=0 zedoColorspace=0 zedoCMYKspace=0 zedoIntent=perception_0 zedoInklimitY=0 zedoInklimitC=0 zedoInklimitM=0 zedoInklimitK=0 zedoRefLight=65 zedoGreyToneA=0 zedoGreyToneB=0 zedoUCR=0 zedoTAC=0 zedoBrightC=0 zedoBrightM=0 zedoBorderlessExpand=2 zedoDuplexadvanced=auto Duplex=DuplexNoTumble portrait outputorder=normal noCollate job-uuid=urn:uuid:1a9a8fa7-5f5a-3a2d-44ea-ac0e6a47ac3a
file
queue canon
test directory access:
drwxr-xr-x 2 eggie eggie 20480 2009-04-02 20:28 /usr/share/turboprint/printers
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb7ffb000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0xb7fb6000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7e53000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7ffc000)
/usr/bin/tpprint -v2 -l/var/log/turboprint/print.log --ppdfile=/etc/cups/ppd/canon.ppd --psfeatures /tmp/pstoturboprint11147.chunk /tmp/pstoturboprint11147.var
borderless offset corrected to left =38 top=18
check_flag_file: opening /var/turboprint/eggie/prv/canon
check_flag_file: contents Canon_PIXMA_iP4600
check_flag_file: opening /var/turboprint/eggie/sml/canon
----------- Start of var file -----------
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoPageRegion=4x6inBorderless"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoMediaType=Plainpaper_4"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInputSlot=LowerTray"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorModel=Gray"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoDithering=ErrorDiffusion"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoMirror=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoDuplexAdjust=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorspace=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoCMYKspace=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoIntent=perception_0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoIntensity=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoBrightness=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoContrast=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorY=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorM=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorC=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoColorK=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInklimitY=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInklimitM=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInklimitC=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoInklimitK=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoRefLight=65"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoGreyToneA=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoGreyToneB=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoGamut=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoUCR=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoTAC=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoBrightC=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoBrightM=0"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoDuplexadvanced=auto"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoBorderlessExpand=2"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoResolution=300x300dpi_1"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoDuplex=DuplexNoTumble"
ZEDOPARM="$ZEDOPARM zedoPrinterDriver=Canon_PIXMA_iP4600"
GSPPDFOUND=1
GSCOLORMODE=1
GSXDPI=306
GSYDPI=306
GSWIDTH=1224
GSHEIGHT=1836
TPWIDTH=4082
TPHEIGHT=6121
TPXOFFSET=38
TPYOFFSET=18
DUPLEX=0
PREVIEW=2
NOPRINT=0
BORDERLESS=1
PVXDPI=170
PVYDPI=170
PVWIDTH=680
PVHEIGHT=1021
----------- End of var file -----------
tpstdin --parsedsc result=0
GSRESULT=GPL Ghostscript 8.64 (2009-02-03) GSVERSION=GPL GSMAJOR=8 GSMINOR=64 GSCUPSDEVICE=1
Setting INPUTFILE to /tmp/pstoturboprint11147.ps
Reading from /tmp/pstoturboprint11147.ps
GSCOMMANDLINE=gs -sDEVICE=cups -r306x306 -g1224x1836 -dNOMEDIAATTRS -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
TPCOMMANDLINE=/usr/bin/tpprint --cups -v2 -l/var/log/turboprint/print.log --ppdfile=/etc/cups/ppd/canon.ppd --psheader=/etc/cups/ppd/canon.ppd ---zedoPageRegion=4x6inBorderless ---zedoMediaType=Plainpaper_4 ---zedoInputSlot=LowerTray ---zedoColorModel=Gray ---zedoDithering=ErrorDiffusion ---zedoMirror=0 ---zedoDuplexAdjust=0 ---zedoColorspace=0 ---zedoCMYKspace=0 ---zedoIntent=perception_0 ---zedoIntensity=0 ---zedoBrightness=0 ---zedoContrast=0 ---zedoColorY=0 ---zedoColorM=0 ---zedoColorC=0 ---zedoColorK=0 ---zedoInklimitY=0 ---zedoInklimitM=0 ---zedoInklimitC=0 ---zedoInklimitK=0 ---zedoRefLight=65 ---zedoGreyToneA=0 ---zedoGreyToneB=0 ---zedoGamut=0 ---zedoUCR=0 ---zedoTAC=0 ---zedoBrightC=0 ---zedoBrightM=0 ---zedoDuplexadvanced=auto ---zedoBorderlessExpand=2 ---zedoResolution=300x300dpi_1 ---zedoDuplex=DuplexNoTumble ---zedoPrinterDriver=Canon_PIXMA_iP4600 --jobid=378 --username=eggie '--title=RICHTLIJNEN TER VOORBEREIDING UNIDAD 6 WEEK 10 ' --preview=/tmp/pstoturboprint11147.pvfifo
COMPLETEPIPE=gs -sDEVICE=cups -r306x306 -g1224x1836 -dNOMEDIAATTRS -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sOutputFile=/tmp/pstoturboprint11147.fifo /tmp/pstoturboprint11147.ps >> /var/log/turboprint/print.log
PREVIEWPIPE=gs -sDEVICE=pgmraw -r170x170 -g680x1021 -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sOutputFile=/tmp/pstoturboprint11147.pvfifo /tmp/pstoturboprint11147.ps >> /var/log/turboprint/print.log
----------- Start of print job -----------
starting child process
tpprint 2.09-1 (24-MAR-2009) - TurboPrint printer driver
Copyright (C)ZEDOnet GmbH, Irsee, Germany. All rights reserved.
interpret_ps: no output file specified
::set_info_paths: setting preview file to /var/turboprint/eggie/zmf/378.zmf
Filetype=CupsRasterbits_per_pixel=8 bytes_per_line=1224 width=1224 height=1836
RGB Mode
tpfile::complete_pageinfo: skipping Mode0_0_0
tpfile::complete_pageinfo: skipping Mode0_0_1
print_file: tp_init->preview=2
print_file: preview with pause - wait for user confirmation
set_image width=680 height=1021
print_page: preview dialog returned 4
Report at end of pdrivecontrol_class::release_printer
100 inifile::open(buffer)
42863 inifile::open(buffer)
1225 pixmap::open: bitshift_buffer
1224 pixmap::open: pixmap_buffer
1024 cupsraster_class: temp buffer
Total memory usage=46436
child process terminated
------------ End of print job - result = 255 ------------
job cancelling procedure - TPPID=11208 GSPID=11210 PVPID=11209
------------ END of tpprint filter ------------
As you can see here, 4x6inbordeless is what turboprint gets, while I definitely set it to A4 paper size and A4 page region.
MadEgg

Post by MadEgg »

And exactly the same thing happens from Gimp. I select A4, it tries to print on 4x6'' Borderless. Afterwards, I used the standard Gimp Print dialog instead of the TurboPrint dialog and it did print fine. Something really strange is going on here.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

what page format did you set in OpenOffice for your document? I mean not the paper size in the print dialogs but the page size in the document page setup.
OpenOffice seems to always select the paper format fitting best to your document format regardless what is selected in any print dialog.
So please make sure that your document is formatted to A4.
This behaviour is not TurboPrint specific but the same with other printer drivers.
There is actually a problem with the GIMP printing plugin of TurboPrint when used in Ubuntu 9.04. This will be fixed in one of the next TurboPrint releases.
MadEgg

Post by MadEgg »

I just tried again from Openoffice Calc. In Layout -> Page, at the page tab is it set to A4 size. It is also correctly specified as 21,00 cm x 29,70 cm. But still when I try to print, it becomes 4x6'' size, effectively printing only about 25% of the page.

The same thing in Openoffice Writer - it is also correctly set to A4. It might be that this is also a problem with other printer drivers but I never had problems with printing only 25% of the page.

Good thing to hear that the plugin is being fixed, when can we expect a new release?

[edit]There appears to be something weird here. I have another Linux machine here and when I print from OpenOffice from there, the page there looks fine in TurboPrint monitor. When it comes out of the printer, all the contents are there, but still shrunk to 4x6''. This as opposed to when I print from my own machine which cuts off everything that falls outside of the 4x6'' range. This is the same document, copied from my machine to the other one.[/edit]
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

a new version TurboPrint 2.10 is now available at www.turboprint.info

It includes a new GIMP print plugin that fixes problems with prints being cropped.
MadEgg

Post by MadEgg »

Great.

I just installed another batch of updates last week and now it seems to work allright. I'm still really curious of what went wrong but I guess it was some ubuntu-package that was messing things up.