When testing a new profile from ZEDOnet, I've got a strange results of my printing workflow. Shortly, it looks like TP totally ignores the profile.
- openSUSE 11.2 x86_64 (up-to-date)
TurboPrint 2.16-2 x86_64 Registered
Epson Stylus Photo R800
Calibrated LCD monitor
1. Create 2 similar TP printers, "tp1" and "tp2", as follows:
- Quality: Photo 5760dpi
Paper: Epson Premium Glossy
Dither: Error Diffusion
Mode: GlossOptimizer Auto
Intent: Perception (or Perception Photo)
Color Space: Adobe RGB (1998)
Create an appropriate color profile for "tp1" and load the color data received from ZEDOnet. Leave "tp2" without any profile.
2. In the GIMP, set the working RGB space to AdobeRGB (1998).
3. Open an image from a digital camera (Casio EX-P700). As the camera doesn't embed a color profile into images (but actually works in sRGB), the GIMP just assigns the working space to it so the image gets the strong magenta cast.
4. Assign the sRGB profile to the image. The image now looks (close to) correct.
5. Convert to the AdobeRGB (1998) space. The image colors don't change.
6. Shrink and save the image and open the TP plug-in.
7. Print twice, to "tp1" (profiled) and "tp2" (bare) with the (obvious) settings:
- Media: Epson Premium Glossy
Cartridge: GlossOptimizer Auto
Print Quality: 5 - 5760dpi
Color Mode: Color (RGB)
RGB Color Space: Adobe RGB (1998)
Both prints are equivalent and have the strong magenta cast very similar (but little darker) to those from Step 3.
What's wrong? This is my first experience in the color-managed printing under Linux so any help will be greatly appreciated. Any additional info (incl. print logs) will be provided by request.