Real black (blank ink(s) only)

Pooky

Real black (blank ink(s) only)

Post by Pooky »

I had played with EFI Fiery and there was an option of using blank ink only on the HP Designjet 130.

EFI does not support desktop printers like you do :-) Wonder if it's possible to do that. I wanted to print some blank and white photos with blank ink only - and not with the colors mixed to be shade of gray.

Currently using Canon GS3200 (etc similar).

Thank you.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Real black (blank ink(s) only)

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

yes, this is possible by selecting "Color mode"="Grayscale" in the PrintFab driver options, tab "Color".

We recommend to try the PrintFab 30 day trial version which is available for download at www.printfab.com -> link "Download".
Jokinb

Post by Jokinb »

I have a epson ET 2750 and the above only works if you have selected Matte or Plain paper.
If you select semigloss, gloss or other paper type the printer uses all the colors to build the black and greys tones.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello Jokinb,

your printer only has pigmented black and cyan, magenta, yellow inks. The pigmented black is not compatible with photo papers but only for matte or plain paper. When using photo papers, black must be mixed by combining all color inks. Some Epson printers also have a photo black ink which can be used on all papers where pigmented black is not suitable.