Paper jam issues with HP8750

BobS

Paper jam issues with HP8750

Post by BobS »

Hi

I have recently downloaded this app to run an HP8750 printer and am having a few issues. Notably the printer seems to be creating print Jams using this package. I have tested using a range of sizes of paper (4x6" A4, and a3) and applications but it persists.

I am using the HP8850 driver for my HP8750 as previously advised. Printing from photoshop and MS publisher.

The jams are not really paper jams, rather an over running paper lengths, and pulling too many pages through. When the jam is cleared three further pages are pulled through and deposited, without any printing, on the out tray.

This does not happen with the standard HP driver.

Any thoughts?

Regards Bob
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Paper jam issues with HP8750

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the driver doesn't control printer mechanics directly, so the feed sequence should be the same as with HP's Windows driver provided that the same quality and media settings are used.

The paper feed speed of the printer depends on the media setting and the print quality setting - print quality "draft" on plain paper cause the printer to feed the paper very quickly which makes paper jams more likely.

What are your current settings for quality and media type?
BobS

Post by BobS »

Hi

I have come back to this after I got an email plugging the latest version of your software. The problem still persists, i've tried a range of settings from are plain paper and 1200dpi, plain paper to 300dpi. I am printing from a cad package and I notice it reduces the effective page size from A3 which does not happen when I print direct to pdf. The problem also occurs when I print from Adobe acrobat or Photoshop.

I am using the HP8850 (printfab) driver.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

After reading your first post again, I understand that the paper doesn't get stuck in the printer but additional blank pages are fed through the printer. Is this correct?

Are several pages fed through the printer at once (the printer feeds a "stack" of pages instead of a single page)?
Or is always a single page fed at a time, i.e. the printer grabs a second page after the first one was completely ejected?
Is the number of blank pages always the same or does it vary?

Can you please post the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log after such a "paper jam" (the last section starting from "### New print job" is sufficient)?