Canon pixma pro 100;PrintFab issue

joemc42

Canon pixma pro 100;PrintFab issue

Post by joemc42 »

Hello all, new to this forum and printer.Was using Epson for years, to print film separations for screen printing.Really like the Canon and the PrintFab rip, but today something weird happened when I tried to print a design that had a distress pattern overlay on it.In the CorelDraw 18 print preview it looked perfect, just the way it was on my monitor while in the program.When I pressed "Print this sheet now" for the color sep, the PrintFab print view screen came up and for 1 second it showed the image exactly as it looked in the Corel Draw print preview.But then the screen refreshed itself and I could no longer see the distress in the image.I printed it anyway, but it printed the image with no distress, just the way it looked on the monitor AFTER Print Fab screen was refreshed.Tried several other things but it keeps doing the same thing.If anybody has any ideas about settings or anything, I would really appreciate it.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Canon pixma pro 100;PrintFab issue

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

PrintFab Preview first shows a low resolution version of the document, after a few seconds a high resolution version appears that should show more details and match the printed page. It seems that in the high resolution version the distress pattern overlay is lost, it might mave something to do with the internal rendering process (Postscript rendering via Ghostscript).

To analyze the problem, we would need a sample document - please email to mail (at) zedonet (dot) com or send by Wetransfer if it is large.

As a possible workaround, you could try to export as PDF and print from Acrobat Reader.