Epson WF-7720 w/Windows 10

Linda Lee

Epson WF-7720 w/Windows 10

Post by Linda Lee »

I'm printing from inside Photoshop using Premium Glossy Paper, Cassette 1, (8 1/2" x 11"). What would be causing the print to be skewed when I use PrintFab? It's wider than it should be using PrintFab. Bypassing PrintFab and printing with the printers driver with color the handling managed by Photoshop and Printer Profile: Adobe RGB (1998) the photo prints correctly. I'm using the exact same setting with PrintFab. Any ideas? I am new to this, so it's probably something simple? At least I hope. I am printing on Sublimation paper and will be pressing to Chromaluxe.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Epson WF-7720 w/Windows 10

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

we found that in PrintFab 1.12c there was a problem with page size selection when the preview was activated (wrong page size code sent to the printer, print size and position sometimes wrong) that very likely also caused the problem that you described.

This has been fixed in the current PrintFab version 1.13 which has just been released:

https://www.printfab.com -> Link "Download"

If you update to the new PrintFab version, please let me know if it solves the problem.
Linda Lee

Post by Linda Lee »

Thank you so much. This update fixed my problem. No more skewing of the image. It's perfect. :D

One more question though, when printing for sublimation, are there any specific recommendations that you could make if I have no color profile created? Any "starting" recommendations? I'm printing the portrait from within Photoshop and currently changing the following:
Color Handling: Photoshop Manages the Colors
Printer Profile: Adobe RGB (1998)
Normal Printing
Relative Colorimetric
Black Point Compensation unselected

Selecting the Epson Photo Glossy paper, @600 dpi.

Thank you again for your prompt help.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

With sublimation the resulting colors are very different from standard ink jet papers, thus a color profile would really improve the output.
The standard output profile should be "sRGB" and this color space should also be selected in the PrintFab print dialog settings. If you want to choose "Adobe RGB", it is important that you set the same color space in PrintFab - otherwise especially the contrast and brightness of the print will be insufficient.
Additionally I recommend to select "Perception" or "Perception Photo" as intent, thus colors will be printed with improved intensity.

For having created a color profile by our color profile creation service, you can purchase a "Color profile creation" code (EUR 14,95) in our online shop. Details for the profile creation process are available in the PrintFab manual. Note that you must first transfer the printed color chart to an approx. A4/Letter sized destination (e.g. fabric) and send in the final result. Note that we can only measure flat materials (e.g. not possible on coffee cups etc).