Ink limit test row will not print

adrian_hudson

Ink limit test row will not print

Post by adrian_hudson »

Hello,

I am creating a new profile. I enter the paper type and quality and press the "Print ink limit test row" button.

1. The confirmation dialog is displayed, asking if settings are correct. I press OK
2. The "Creating ink test row progress dialog is shown briefly and fills to 100%
3. The Print Job Preview page is shown but the page is empty (I have scrolled around the page to top and bottom - nothing.
4. I press Print anyway and nothing is printed at all

I can print an image normally via PrintFab so its not a printer problem and I have printed the ink limit test row in the past, its just not working now.

What is wrong?

Windows 10 2004, Printfab 1.13
adrian_hudson

Re: Ink limit test row will not print

Post by adrian_hudson »

Still trying.

Have tried:
. removing and reinstalling PrintFab. No improvement.
. Downgrading to version 1.11. No improvement. This version does not invoke the Print Job Preview page. The print progress fills to 100% but still nothing prints.
. Reinstalling back to version 1.13. Still the same.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello and thank you for the problem report. We are already working on a new version that fixes the problem, I will post when the new version is available.

There is a workaround: Edit the printer in the PrintFab application and change the "Connection Type" from "Already set up" to "USB printer" or "Network" (depending on the printer connection).
adrian_hudson

Post by adrian_hudson »

Thank you! Workaround worked!
adrian_hudson

Post by adrian_hudson »

One further (sort of related) bug(?)

When printing a ICC test target using a profile that has no ICC data loaded yet, the print quality is grayed out. Is this a bug? I would have thought the target should be printed with the quality that is likely to be used most with the finished profile.

There is a workaround, select a different profile, select the print quality, select the new unfinished profile... then print
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

You are right, but this is not a bug:

After adding a new profile entry in PrintFab's "Add profile" dialog, there will be a new media entry available in the print dialog.
printfab-win-add-colorprofile.png
printfab-win-add-colorprofile.png (14.48 KiB) Viewed 3845 times
When printing a profile chart with this media entry, the print quality is fixed to the value that you entered in the "Add profile" dialog, the print quality selector will be grayed out.

Remark: The value that is still visible in the grayed out print quality selector may show a different value because the selector is simply "frozen". The value entered in the "Add profile" dialog is actually used for printing the profile chart.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

The new PrintFab version that fixes the problem with "Print ink limit test row" is now available:

https://zedonet.com/download/printfabwi ... n_1.14.zip