No Preview Window

bruno_iii

No Preview Window

Post by bruno_iii »

I use PrintFab on my Windows 10 computer to print to a DesignJet 500 Plotter which is in a different room. I used to connect the printer via it's onboard ethernet card. It would print ok, but after each print an error was shown, and i had to restart the printer for the next job.

I found out that, by connecting the printer to a cups server (I use a raspberry pi), i do not get the error messages. The only problem is, that I do not get a Preview Window anymore. Checking the printfab_monitor.log, i found the line "no data received - raw job?".

Does anyone know how to handle this problem? I would be greatful for any advice!
bruno_iii

Re: No Preview Window

Post by bruno_iii »

I just did some additional tests to confirm this behavior.

The problem really seems to be the cups print server. I also have a Canon Pro 10s, which is also configured as a network printer, but using it's own Ethernet interface. When printing on the Canon I get the preview window as desired.

When printing on the canon (no cups) the printfab_monitor.log shows something like:
InstanceThread created, receiving and processing messages.

Code: Select all

Received command 'BJOB' length=0
InstanceThread: client disconnected.
Total DATA bytes received: 209733
But when printing to the DesignJet which is connected to the raspberrypi the log looks like this:

Code: Select all

InstanceThread created, receiving and processing messages.
Received command 'QUIT' length=0
InstanceThread: client disconnected.
Total DATA bytes received: 0
no data received - raw job?
I already searched the internet based on this information, but could not find any help.