New mono profile problem

Starfungi

New mono profile problem

Post by Starfungi »

Hi, recently received the new profiles for Marrutt pearlescent paper. I am having an issue using the Mono profile with a magenta cast and I am unable to remove it in color correction without stuffing up the overall image. I have been retrying using the Keith cooper Northlight-images test file and there is a banding showing in the bulleye target and magenta cast in the pattern overlaid on two grey ramps, with the plain pattern in the middle.
Any suggestions.
test image http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/test ... -printing/
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: New mono profile problem

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

you have received two profiles from us, a regular color profile and a "gray profile".

Can you make a comparison print of a b&w test page (e.g. Northlight) with the color profile with the same settings ("Colormode" = "Gray Photo"). If the color cast is reduced when printing with the color profile, there might be something wrong with the gray profile and I will measure it again.

A general note: The Stylus Photo 1410 printer doesn't have gray ink, so it is not perfect for printing b&w photos. The main problem is "Metamerism" - gray can get a color cast depending on the light source. Under incandescent light (halogen or warm light LED bulbs), there is usually a shift to magenta. This should not be the case when looking at the print under daylight.
Starfungi

Post by Starfungi »

Hi,
Have reprinted as requested and the color profile and the color cast IS REDUCED. I am viewing in daylight.

Please send a revised profile.

Thanks
Starfungi

Post by Starfungi »

I have the ink consumption figures for each profile that may help?
Mono pearl profile test.JPG
Mono pearl profile test.JPG (48.15 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
color pearl profile test .JPG
color pearl profile test .JPG (45.65 KiB) Viewed 3999 times