Print Job Preview not opening

thalo52

Print Job Preview not opening

Post by thalo52 »

I am using Illustrator CS6 and PFPro 1.15.

I had an issue with the job preview not opening when printing a job a month ago. I uninstalled and reinstall the program and it worked fine. I just tried to print again and it did not open before the printer started feeding the print medium.

Is there something that I should check as to why the preview is not opening? I don't want to have to uninstall and re install the program time and time again.

cheers
colby
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Print Job Preview not opening

Post by zedonet »

Hello thalo52,

do I understand your statement correct that the Preview Windows does not appear at all but the document is directly printed even if the Preview option is selected in the print dialog?

Probably it will help us to have a look at the log files of PrintFab. You can find them with the special entry to show log files under "PrintFab" in the Windows start menu. Please send them by email to mail(at)zedonet(dot)de.
thalo52

Post by thalo52 »

I think I may have found the problem. I did not have PrintFab selected as a startup program in the system settings. It appears to be working now, after making the selection and restarting the computer.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for posting this answer. You can check if PrintFab is in the list of startup programs in the System Settings, section "Startup":

printfab-enable-preview-startup.png
printfab-enable-preview-startup.png (57.03 KiB) Viewed 2862 times

The entry is "ZEDOnet Printjob Monitor", we may change this to "Printfab Preview" in a future release to make it clearer.
thalo52

Post by thalo52 »

That was it exactly. Thanks for the confirmation.