Need to connect Canon MX410 wirelessly via linux

girardeau

Need to connect Canon MX410 wirelessly via linux

Post by girardeau »

I need to connect my new Canon MX410 printer to my Cisco/Linksys Wireless_N Home Router. This will give me wireless access to both my home network and the internet. I need to do this in order to print from my iphone (running the app PrintCentral Pro) to the Canon printer. The first time I turned on the printer, it found the modem and printed out a lot of its configuration information. However, I've managed to lose that information, and I don't know how to get the printer to print it out again. The printer is connected to my Linux laptop running Fedora, but is not connected to a Windows computer. I do know a six-digit number on the bottom of the router, which serves as a password, as well as the MAC address.
My laptop is using the linux software TurboPrint to run the printer. It works fine for direct printing, but I need wireless internet access to print remotely.
Please help me!
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Need to connect Canon MX410 wirelessly via linux

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

printing should also work over a wireless network.

First make sure that the printer is properly logged in to the WiFi network and find out the printer's IP address in the printer's setup menu. Then open TurboPrint Control and add a new printer. On some Linux distributions the printer will automatically be detected, on others you must set it up manually with the settings

Connection type="Other"
URI = "bjnp://<ip-address>"

(replace <ip-address> by the actual ip address)