Turboprint Degraded to Gutenprint Bug for LaserJet2300

nightbug

Turboprint Degraded to Gutenprint Bug for LaserJet2300

Post by nightbug »

Turboprint, which has been working fine for my networked HP Laserjet2300, has now contracted the bug that has existed for years in the native CUPS driver for Laserjet 2300. This is happening in Chromium, and Iceweasel. Not in a text editor. I print one copy, and I get an infinite number of copies. On my other Linux box without Turboprint, and which prints infinite copies from all programs, I am close enough to hit the cancel button to get one print. The pc with Turboprint is much less convenient. I'm running Debian Testing on the pc with Turboprint. Why is the generic Gutenprint bug showing up in Turboprint, but only when printing from a browser?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Turboprint Degraded to Gutenprint Bug for LaserJet2300

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there is one known problem with multiple copies that existed in an earlier TurboPrint version - depending on the application and Linux distribution, sometimes 4 instead of 2 copies were printed (9 instead of 3, ...). However, this shouldn't be the case with the current version 2.33 of TurboPrint.

If you are already using the current version of TurboPrint, please email the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log to < mail at zedonet dot com > so I can examine the print options and driver settings.
nightbug

Re: Turboprint Degraded to Gutenprint Bug for LaserJet2300

Post by nightbug »

apt-get update / apt-get upgrade of Debian Testing and all is well again.