PDF Parameter Changes Ignored for Second HP Laserjet

nightbug

PDF Parameter Changes Ignored for Second HP Laserjet

Post by nightbug »

I had one HP Laserjet2300 network printer which has been working just fine for years on Linux/Turboprint. I added another HP Laserjet2300dn printer to the network. I can print pdf documents from Turboprint to the second printer just fine, only if the application (acroread or evince) doesn't apply geometry changes such as switching to landscape, or printing current view. If I apply geometry changes to the document, Turboprint ignores the changes, and prints the document with original pdf parameters as on the disk file. I thought that somehow, the new printer communicated some sort of commands to Turboprint limiting geometry when first installed. If that's the case, how come the new printer, when installed on my Windows machines, doesn't restrict geometry. I can request current view, landscape, portrait, etc. on Windows with no problem. This is a problem only with Turboprint.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: PDF Parameter Changes Ignored for Second HP Laserjet

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a problem of a previous TurboPrint version that has been solved in the mean time. I recommend to try with the current version 2.36-1 (you may need an update for this version, but you can install it as 30 day trial version).

Generally, you should be able to view and change the document orientation in the Acroread or Evince print dialog - if the orientation is correct in the print dialog, it should be also printed in the correct orientation. You can also enable the TurboPrint Monitor print preview.