Laserjet 2300 Keeps Printing the Same Page

nightbug

Laserjet 2300 Keeps Printing the Same Page

Post by nightbug »

When I send a job to my Laserjet 2300 network printer from my Linux box, it just keeps printing the first page spooled, over and over again. This is precisely the symptom I experienced when I first put the printer on the network, and tried using the open source printer driver. Since this printer works fine with all versions of Windows, I decided to invest in TurboPrint Pro in hopes it would cure this Linux problem. It did cure the problem for about 5 years. Now, TurboPrint has started printing one page forever just like the open source driver.

TurboPrint 2.18-1

Debian CUPS Version: 1.7.5-11+deb8u1

> lsb_release -da
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 (jessie)
Release: 8.5
Codename: jessie
Kernel: Linux 3.13-1-amd64
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Laserjet 2300 Keeps Printing the Same Page

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I am not sure what the problem is, e.g.

a - "when I print a document with several pages, only the first page is printed"

b - "when I print a document, infinite copies of the first page are printed until I abort the print job / switch off the printer"

c - "only one page is printed; the print job remains in the print queue and is started again after a reboot" (similar to a)

Thank you for sending the log file, however I could not yet find an explanation (according to log file number of copies = 1, one page printed).