How to print on home wlan with security from Ubuntu 804 to

pseudofilosofen

How to print on home wlan with security from Ubuntu 804 to

Post by pseudofilosofen »

Hello,
I am using ubunto 8.04. And turboprint 1.96 (latest).

I converted my home network from open to closed wlan with a standard Belkin router, using WAP and username + password. My printer is Canon MP600R, on a static IP-address.

Question: How do I get the ubuntu with turboprint to see the MP600r (reconnect with password?), and print.

Long story:
- I have 1 windows XP conneted to the Belkin via LAN-cable. It prints ok to the MP600R
- I have another windows-xp-PRO wich connects to via WLAN and prints ok to the MP600R.
- I have a dualboot XP Home / ubuntu 804. connected to the Belkin via LAN-cable. The xp-boot prints ok. THE UBUNTU does not print, and can not seem to find the MP600R

I had to reinstall drivers on all the xp-machines to get them to reconnect to the printer with password for the WLAN.

Please help.
Regards,
Anders H.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

it doesn't seem a printer or printer driver problem to me.

Your Ubuntu client must connect using the WAP password to get access to the WLAN. Once this is done printing should work as before.

Can you reach the Belkin router from your Ubuntu client (e.g. can you "ping" the router's IP address or open its WEB configuration interface)?
pseudofilosofen

How do I know which client, and how do I input the password in it?

regards,
Anders Holt
pseudofilosofen

Bump (sorry).
Regards,
Anders H.