unable to open output /dev/usb/lp0

sagamore

unable to open output /dev/usb/lp0

Post by sagamore »

Hello.

I've my PC with Debian 9.3 64 bits, my Livebox Orange and my Canon Pixma MG 3150 are connected by usb to my PC.
My whife has a labtop Lenovo G50-45 with Ubuntu 17.10 64 bits connected by wifi to my PC Debian. She is connected to the net whitout problem by wifi.
I've downloaded the turboprint 30 days try and he is installed on the Lenovo.

When I want to print with Lenovo I've an error message " unabled to open output file "file: /dev/usb.lp0" - no such file or directory.
In the monitor printer, in the printbar bar near the toolbar I can read ( I've translate in english ) " cannot connect to the distant daemon " .

Other question : 1 PC and 1 lbtop, I need 2 licences ?

Thanks.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: unable to open output /dev/usb/lp0

Post by zedonet »

Hello sagamore,

please check what is entered as "URI" in the table of installed printers in TurboPrint Control. It should show an entry like "usb://..." or "tpu://...". Now click on the "Edit" button, then select the appropriate "connection" in the given list. Your printer should be listed twice, one of these entries with "(TP-USB)" - this is the connection with "tpu://..." URI. Choose the connection that you did not have selected before and check if the error is persistent.
Where is this error message shown - in TurboPrint Monitor?
sagamore

Post by sagamore »

Connexion : imprimante en réseau Linux ( IPP )
serveur 192.168.1.1
imprimante lp1

Dans Moniteur d'impression : imprimante n'arrive pas à se connecter au démon distant
sagamore

Post by sagamore »

How to join a photo like a screen shot ?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

you can add screenshots using the tab "Attachments" below the text edit field. You can also add pictures by drag-and-drop from the file manager to the text edit field.