No connection to turboprint daemon

shorero

No connection to turboprint daemon

Post by shorero »

Host: Linux splitter 2.6.28-11-server #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 02:45:36 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have been successfully running TP2.03. I recently upgraded the system to 2.6.28 and at the same time upgraded to TP2.09, but I stupidly did not write the precise priinter configuration that worked under 2.03. I can no longer print a test page to the printer.

The printer, a Canon IP-2600, is connected to a NetGear WGPS606 print server. I ran the TP2 control center to add the printer, and the contrller reports that it can connect to the print server. However, the print monitor says "no connection to turboprint daemon" in the printer status (second row in the monitor display, left-hand side). When I attempt to print a test page, the monitor reports a long "think time" and ultimately reports a spooler message "/usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd failed".

Any suggestions?
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I am having the same problem although I seem to be able to print sometimes, I cannot however print from other machines on my network, which I was able to do with V2.06. I am running Ubuntu 9.04.

Any suggestions
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there is a known problem with Ubuntu 9.04: TurboPrint Monitor reports "No connection to turboprint daemon", but printing is possible. This is fixed in the new version TurboPrint 2.10.

However, there are no known problems with network printing (LPD / socket).

What is displayed in the column "URI" for your printer in TurboPrint control center (something like lpd://...)?