Duplex printing using an HP1015 laserjet printer.

david-emm

Post by david-emm »

I am using a laptop running Ubuntu 9.04. I am trying to use duplex printing using my HP1015 printer which is installed on another Windows XP laptop. The printer connects correctly via Turbo Print using windows network setup but will not print duplex. Duplex printing is semi automatic and the printer should stop after printing the odd pages and wait for the paper to be moved and re-inserted. The printer on button is then pressed to continue printing the even pages. This works fine when printing from Windows XP and did in Ubuntu before I installed Turbo Print.

I can set all the duplex settings in Open Office or in Turbo Print but the printer always prints one sided, prints all pages in order and does nor stop. Landscape and economy mode settings appear to work OK. I am using the HP1100 driver in Turbo Print as there isn't one for the HP 1000 series

Is there a fix for this?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

in TurboPrint Control, manual duplexing has to be chosen:

Configure -> Layout -> Duplex Mode = "Manual reverse (cassette feed)"

After the odd pages have been printed, a dialog will come up that instructs you how to insert the paper. To continue, click the button on the dialog (not on the printer).
david-emm

Post by david-emm »

Sorry - This does not work. Printer still prints all pages in consecutive order without stopping. These are the setting as reported by Turboprint printer monitor:
Paper size = A4
Media type = plain paper
Quality = high
Feed = manual
Color mode = BW
Resolution = 600dpi
Tray = automatic
Duplex = on(portrait)
Cartridge = economode on
User = david

Hopefully there is a solution