The network printing from Mac OSX 10.5 on Turboprint.

ald

The network printing from Mac OSX 10.5 on Turboprint.

Post by ald »

Sorry for my English.

I have TurboPrint2 under Ubuntu 9.10 and Epson Stylus Photo 1410 printer. The network printing from Mac OSX 10.4, Windows XP is OK.

Mac OSX 10.4.11 «see» the printer tp0, that been shared on Ubuntu, everything works.

I use AdobePS + tp0.ppd on Windows XP (Windows 2k3) and it prints well too.

But I can’t print from Mac OSX 10.5.

I do everything, that is written in the post http://www.turboprint.info/support/view ... &highlight But I get this mistake on the last step: "Some of the software for the printer is missing.You may not be able to print to "Epson_StylusPhoto1410 TurboPrint". Please reinstall the printer's software."

When I choose "Continue", printer is added, but its status is "Offline" and there is a message in properties "You need to install software to use this printer. To install the software, choose Software Update from the Apple menu. If the software for your printer isn’t available in Software Update, contact the manufacturer of your printer."

When I click "Resume Printer", it says "Printer Ready". But when I try to print something, it goes into "Offline".

On MacOSX 10.6 in Default review printer is found as VNC Remote Printer. But after definite choice, I get the same mistake as in 10.5: "Some of the software for the printer is missing...."

You’re writing "The following should work". And have you checked it?

Tell me, please, on what Linux Have you checked, that TurboPrint2 print from Mac OSX 10.5 and 10.6 over network?

What kind of .ppd was used?

Can it be the mistake of .ppd turboprint2?

Thank you.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

please excuse that the last thread had not been continued.

I found out that you need to edit the .tpp file before transfering it to your Mac - remove the 6 lines starting with *cups...

It works here on a Ubuntu 10.04 system with the following enabled in the CUPS WEB frontend:

x Share printers connected to this system
x Allow printing from the Internet
ald

Post by ald »

Thank You.
Now I can prints from MacOSX 10.5 and 10.6.