Printouts with Gimp to Canon 9000mkii too dark

Questions on certain printers and applications
DantePasquale50

Printouts with Gimp to Canon 9000mkii too dark

Post by DantePasquale50 »

Hi, I've encountered a strange problem, that I'm pretty sure I didn't use to have ;) I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 64 with Gimp 2.6.11 and TurboPrint 2.21-1 (21 Jun 2011) with 1 license. I've profiled my screen and profiled the printer through your service, but now the printouts are about 10% dark, if that makes any sense. On the Configure->Main screen, I select bright and put that at 110% then the printout matches the screen. Not sure where to begin to decipher the problem. Is anyone else experiencing this? Printer is Canon Pixma Pro 9000 mk ii and I'm using Canon Pro Platinum PT-101 paper which was profiled through zedonet.

Thanks,Danté
Dante Bell
http://www.dantesinfernophotography.com
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Printouts with Gimp to Canon 9000mkii too dark

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is really a color management misconfiguration or just a common problem when comparing screen images to printed output - prints tend to look darker if lighting is not optimal.

Color management can only be 100% precise when comparing within the same medium. Otherwise "perceptual" rendering is necessary that tries to compensate the different lighting situation and sometimes must be adjusted, e.g. by changing the "brightness" setting.