TurboPrint 2 & Canon iP4500 (off-center printing CDs)

Questions on certain printers and applications
AlienMike

TurboPrint 2 & Canon iP4500 (off-center printing CDs)

Post by AlienMike »

Gentlemen:

Some days ago I set new Canon iP4500 to print CDs in my office (through small print server). And what?
I have CDs with images on moved a bit from center of CDs.
Not so much - about 1 mm.
I think you agree - It's small but very unpleasant thing :-)
Moving image by changing X/Y position does not work = I have the same 1 mm of white space.
I would like to know What do you think?

Regards,
Mike

P.S.
I only want you improve your software faster - no more :-)
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: TurboPrint 2 & Canon iP4500 (off-center printing CDs)

Post by zedonet »

Hello AlienMike,

if the inner and outer circles of the CD prints are not accurately centered on the CDs, you can define your own CD print settings with the "Sizes" menu of TurboPrint Control. Define a new "page size" for CDs and select the necessary X and Y offsets to match your CD position when printing. It is a good idea only to print crosshairs and thin lines for your tests. We recommend printing on non printable CDs (e.g. an old data cd) where you can just wipe the printed ink away afterwards.
Of yourse you must select the new format in the print dialog later (not the standard CD page size).
AlienMike

Post by AlienMike »

That's OK
I see you did not understand correctly what I wanted to say :-(
I said that moving image on CD using X/Y -positioning menu does not work at all!
Another question - if I have just selected (in your program) Printer (By Model)
why should I do something more to get my CD printed???
What is that X/Ys???
Finally I'm forced to use Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.
It works as is (without any X/Y) and fine under Windows.

Regards,
Mike
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Which software do you use under Linux to print your CDs?

The X & Y adjustment settings are meant to compensate slight hardware tolerances between printers, usually less than 1mm.
A positive value means that the printed image is moved right / down, a negative value means that the image is moved left / up.

To check if the adjustment values are correctly transmitted to the printer driver, you could post the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log after printing on a CD (section for the last print job starting from "### NEW PRINT JOB" is sufficient). Please include information on your CD format settings (X/Y offset, inner / outer circle size).