Two issues with Epson Stylus Photo R285

Questions on certain printers and applications
trondd

Two issues with Epson Stylus Photo R285

Post by trondd »

Hi!

I am currently evaluating Turboprint and am mostly satisfied with the product so far. But I have two issues that I would glad if You could comment on:

1. If I select print quality 2 (720dpi) from the Turboprint dialog in Gimp the printer pours out way to much ink! The first time I actually thought my printer was broken, because the ink was running all over the photo paper. Clearly no the desired result...

2. I can't select A4 paper size. When I print from Gimp on an A4-paper, the result is only 5x7 inch large. The previous paper I used was 5x7, but no matter what I do I can not switch paper size.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for your problem report!

Can you post the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log after such a print was made (too much ink, wrong size)? Or email the log file to mail at zedonet dot de.

Is the ink amount okay with other settings (lower or higher print quality / plain paper instead of photo paper chosen)?
trondd

Post by trondd »

Okay, I managed to print on A4, but I had to select A4-paper from the Turboprint Control Panel after I opened the Turboprint dialog in Gimp. I also disabled SELinux, but I do not think that it was the root of my problem.

With regard to the ink settings I really do not want to experiment too much because I am afraid of what it do to the printer.

PS. I have sent you two log files by email.