Canon Pixma MP610 wont load and wont scan!! help!

Questions on certain printers and applications
Sillymoop

Canon Pixma MP610 wont load and wont scan!! help!

Post by Sillymoop »

Hi, i'm having problems with getting my Canon Pixma MP610 scanner/printer to do anything. To begin with whenever i turned it on the LCD always said

"Printer error has occured. Turn off power then back on again. If problem persists see the manual"

and so i turn it off and the message only reappears, it seems to not be able to load properly.

I did get it to load once or twice, (how it hapenned is beside me) and successfully printed something off, but on attempting a scan the same message came up midscan. Now i'm back to square one, with only ever seeing the error message all the time and the printer/scanner giving me no options and not loading properly.

Does anybody have any good advice?

the driver discs also told me that the driver cant install properly either, and the driver for this printer dosent exist on the canon website. Am i likely to have these problems if my laptop only has Windows XP?

thanks xxxxx
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

first you should test the printer's functionality without a computer:

- It should display the ink status
- You should be able to do a b&w or color copy of a page you put on the scanner

If this is not the case, the printer has not been properly unpacked (some of the transport fixation tapes are left so that e.g. the print head is stuck) or not properly loaded with ink (if you open the printer the print head should move to the middle of the printer and all red ink cartridge LEDs should be permanently on) or the printer is defective and should be returned to the dealer.
Sillymoop

Post by Sillymoop »

I've checked and double checked that i removed all of the tape and i dont think there's anything wrong with the ink because i managed to print something off twice, its just now that im having problems. I cant even get the printer to load on its own anymore and also tried it with new ink. I think its just broken :p