ip4500 not printing colors right

Questions on certain printers and applications
kotmfu

ip4500 not printing colors right

Post by kotmfu »

i just downloaded turboprint 2 and have spent about 3 hrs and about 100 sheets of paper trying to get the colors to print correctly but they all seem way to dull. i have tried ramping the brightness, saturation, color gamut, and many other settings.
i have a canon ip45000 on ubuntu hardy. i have got everything to work properly including cd printing, just that it doesnt print out the colors correctly.
if anyone has any ideas please help
thanks!
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

for good results please make sure that you choose the correct paper type and a high print quality in TurboPrint Control Center.

If original Canon ink cartridges are in the printer and you are using one of the supported paper types (e.g. Canon Matte Paper MP101, Canon Glossy Paper GP401 / 501), colors should be correct and also "vivid". On other papers and with other cartridges colors might be a little bit off but should not be "dull" - on plain paper colors may be a bit "dull", of course - increasing the "Color Saturation" slider helps in this case (TurboPrint Control Center, printer settings, page "Color").

- What ink cartridges and paper are you using?
- From which application do you print?
- Do colors on the TurboPrint test page look okay (TurboPrint Control Center, button "Toolbox", button "Testpage" - choose "test and status page")
- What kind of documents do you print - digicam photos?
Erik Slagter

Post by Erik Slagter »

Maybe the topic starter did not select one of the high-resolution papers or is not using the highest resolution (which indeed, iirc, is not default).

In that case the output can be described as dull, imho.